Monday 2 November 2009

Camera Demo

Today I had a demo using the Sony Z1 camera's, which are regarded as lower end broadcast cameras, which do have the capability to shoot good video and perfect for our short films. Even though I was not the camera man on this particular shoot, I done the tutorial so that I would be able to get the camera out in the future.

The demo was a good reminder of how to use the equipment as I hadn't done since I filmed Doug Chamberlin's Mastering Hollywood seminar about six months ago. The one thing I did learn however, was to set up two shots and go between them using shot transition buttons.

As I will be doing the sound on my film, the most important part of the z1 to me are the 2 audio channels, which you can see on the left hand side of the picture. When filming is in progress, I am going to set one channel lower than the other so that if the sound peaks and distorts I will have a back up that I can use in editing. Also the settings on the menu have to be set to recording off of the XLR (which is where the microphone is plugged in) instead of the internal microphone.

In other news... We have got our favored car park confirmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment