Tuesday 26 January 2010

My Script... 2nd Draft

Its done my second draft is complete and is now out of my hands! After developing this script I feel that I have given all of the incidents causality and made its elements clear. When changing the script I added in more description to events, in order to make it so that I am the first director of the script making the reader envision things the way I felt that they should happen. For example in the first script where I had:

Konrad steps back and admires his creation, and proceeds to take photographs.

This has now changed to:

He grabs a digital camera out of a drawer and takes a photograph.


This small change about the description of something changes the way it is envisioned by the reader. As the second insinuates a close up of hands grabbing the camera and the a wide shot; as opposed to the first which only includes a wide shot.

One of my main issues was that he saw an article in the paper and from there seemed to decide that he was a taxidermist and he would make an animal. At first I thought of the film in a cartoonish way, where things would just appear, and everything would be very far fetched. However, I have now addressed this issue, as even though it slows down the script a little it is important to get you in to the story, and understand the circumstances more.

Did I mention I had !*!* 2 NEW CHARACTERS*!*! and they are better than Poochy and Rufus (left and right). Usually new characters are rubbish and ruin everything as we know it, but the one place they don't is in an undeveloped script. As I aforementioned that I wanted my film to be silly and cartoonlike, with fast paced unreal environment. It seemed some PEOPLE felt that it was necessary for there to be a medical test of some sort before he gets awarded to suspend belief in the story. It happens that these PEOPLE were right, so thank you. My two new scientists take on the roles of enthusiastic scientist (William) and not so enthusiastic scientist (Benjamin). This works as William, who is blinded by potential fame convinces Benjamin the same, along with the medical tests that return positive.

Although the script has adjustments to be made to it before it is put in to a production. I feel as if I have laid solid foundations for a good film to be made from it, as the story is told well, which is a good start for any film maker. Despite the fact that I didn't want anybody to take my baby like Angelina Jolie. I now hope that somebody does, as it would be quite a compliment. I feel that from this process I now know how to write a good script, that it leaps from the page in to the readers mind. So here it is have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment