Sunday 22 November 2009

The F Word

Today I have 2 'F' words, Final Cut Pro and Foot Locker!

This week me and Gus bought it upon ourselves to enter a Foot Locker competition on youtube. After developing an idea for the brief (which was simply "Make A Film About Trainers") and how we wanted to go about it we decided to get a some equipment from uni on Wednesday, film Thursday, and edit on Friday and Saturday. This all went to plan...

This was my first full edit in Final Cut Pro, which I though would be a good trial run to learn techniques before we started on our short. To be honest it went very smoothly, and if it wasn't for the tape corrupting, all would have been great! The one thing I did find a hold back, was my 13" lcd screen on my macbook, which made colour correction a nightmare, as although it looked good on my screen, this changed depending on what screen it was played on! From the colour looking washed out to looking perfect. In the end all prevailed, and looks pretty good, bar the odd tape glitch, and after getting an original soundtrack from one of our friends, the short was looking ready. Youtube on the other hand thought differently, and after our internet being out of service all of saturday, as I was uploading sunday morning it decided to tell me that there was an error the 1st 3 times I tried! 4th time lucky! BUT this resulted in missing the competition deadline, which we thought was midnight tonight... but was midday. F***!

Oh well, in the end it was good fun and I have learnt a lot on final cut. We have emailed, sent messages and made them aware of our problems to get it uploaded and asked if they will still consider our hard work! Fingers Crossed

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention my amazing final cut master class I gave you!

    ReplyDelete