Thursday 7 January 2010

Man Without A Movie Camera

So it took a lot of work, and then when I exported it, it came out with the colours whiter than expected. Editing on screens can be deceiving, and even when the whites are white, everything sometimes look a little bit washed out and cold, and I have experienced this from my last 2 edits. The editing for this film was pretty straight forward after I had practice from the short advert me and Gus made. In the edit we never had much choice for shots as we shot what we needed, this may have made it a simpler job, but next time I think I will try to get a wider range of shots.


I had some good fun filming this project. But I didn't get to do the sound design that I wanted to do for it, I found my time being taken up by covering other people in the group and I can honestly say without my input the film would never have happened. As I played a big role in constructing the script, the casting, the shot list/schedule, making sure everybody could make certain times and the whole of the edit. Meaning that in the pre-production and post-production weeks my time was filled with doing work for this film.

I was happy however to be a part of the script writing as I know this would help me in the future. I felt that this was a good collaboration between me and Luke, combining ideas that we had came up with in class with Gus to make a light-hearted script. This was a change from our initial dark ideas for desire, one of which being a pedophile wanting a child.

In hindsight I'm glad I made it as I learned a lot of production techniques that will help me in making my next film. However, I am still cynical about working with people that I don't know, luckily on our next project we get to choose! I can now put this all behind me, and take on from it what I need to. Anyway here it is, so let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment