Monday 11 January 2010

My Script... The idea

After racking my brain for hours about what the hell I was going to write my script about it hit me and now Hippophant is my latest project.

The title evidently being an amalgamation of a Hippopotamus and and Elephant, follows a broke taxidermist Konrad Abagnale (another amalgamation of two world famous fraudsters Konrad Kujau and Frank Abagnale Jr.) Konrad however isn't any old animal stuffer! He is what is known as a rogue taxidermist, who puts animals together to make new ones. In fact there is a chance that one of his associates made this.

After seeing an article in the paper of a man who made million off of a new drug that turns humans in to dogs (La Vie d'un Chien). Konrad has an idea and makes himself a new animal, The Hippophant takes some snaps and posts it all over the internet creating mass hysteria! Soon enough he is contacted by National Geographic who ask him to bring the animal for it to be unveiled and reward him with a cash prize! He goes along and everybody believes him, leaving him with what he wanted... But then the trunk falls off! Leaving him back at square one.

I feel that it works well as a story due to its linear narartive, but the actual element of rogue taxidermy may prove to be very difficult for the film maker to recreate. Also the ending is quite ambiguous, which I personally like, but may change.

No comments:

Post a Comment