Friday 21 May 2010

The Interview... Screening & Final Thoughts

Last night our films were exhibited at The Little Theater; which doubled up as a competition to decide the best films that had been made in the second half of the year. I am happy that 'The Interview' was screened and not 'Man Without A Movie Camera', as this time we are a much more tight knit group of individuals who all brought to the production. Also I feel satisfied with the quality of this film, as last time it wasn't until a late stage that we discovered that it was up to Me Gus and Luke to take control of the film.

The screening of our film didn't go to plan though, as two shots for some reason had no dialogue, which I thought would stop people from understanding the story. The end of the night came, and after 2nd place was announced as 'The Vision' I thought we had no hope, and that the lack of sound had destroyed out chances. But when it was announced that we won! I couldn't believe it, I didn't even leave my seat to collect the bottle of Champagne because I was in such shock. Afterwards, we spoke to other people from our course who said that they had voted for us because they were surprised at the sheer quality of the film from its location and look to the actors. I was chuffed to have won and to receive this level of peer feedback on something that I had been working so closely with for the past few months, even though I was slightly disappointed by the sound cutting out.

Other than what I have done, which you have witnessed on my blog. Everybody has made such a huge contribution to film to make it stand out, Mark for his lighting; Elspeth for finding the location and the professional actor; Josh for the music; and Gus for helping shape the story. This film is something we are all proud of, and hopefully we can take it on to bigger and better things. We are going to enter our film in to various film festivals which at the moment consists of sending it to future shorts, encounters and crystal palace film festival, after we make a few slight sound adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment